We are looking for an Administrator with a passion for working with families and staff, and who will also work collaboratively with the Principal.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many different ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
Often the Administrator is the first contact a person has with the school and has to be knowledgeable and represent the school well. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of CEFA. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeping the school and office organized and managed efficiently, ordering supplies.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to specific requests
- Conducting tours for parents, new registrations, and entry of new students
- Organizing school events, parent meetings and celebration of occasions for staff and children
- Sending routine and non-routine correspondence to families
- Maintaining the confidentiality of families (account statements, student information)
- Updating student files and documents
- Adjusting records and invoicing, processing payments and subsidies when applicable
- Assisting the Principal with administrative duties related to the school (maintaining files, parent requests, scheduling family interviews)
- Overseeing the Kitchen (ensuring menu meets nutritional standards, reviewing budget, evaluating Cook)
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education (Infant Toddler Licence will be a great asset)
- Successful candidates will be punctual, well spoken, efficient, discreet and pleasant on the telephone and in person.
- Must have knowledge with computer systems and computer systems and software used at CEFA (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Time management and organizational skills
- Familiar with BC Licensing Regulations
- Experience in a childcare or junior kindergarten setting
Salary and Benefits
Expected start date: Immediate
Job Type: Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
- Spring break, summer break, and winter break off as well as professional days
- Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snacks provided
- Full medical benefits after 6 months
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.