Our Commitment to Privacy
What kind of information does cefa collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, etc.
How does cefa use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- To contact you if necessary.
- You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please contact us.
Does cefa share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our various marketing service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers.
- We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of cefa or others.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us to update your personal information by contacting us. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 14 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
How does cefa protect kids' privacy?
cefa is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient browsing experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit any possible personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
What is "phishing"?
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
308 – 1930 Pandora Street
Vancouver, BC V5L 0C7