We are currently seeking a highly skilled, seasoned, and motivated leader to join our team as Area Manager – School Operations. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, enriched early childhood education that will prepare children to succeed as they transition to kindergarten and provide them with skills for life. CEFA Early Learning was established in 1998 and is Canada’s leading private junior kindergarten for children ages one to five. Our proprietary, award-winning curriculum is based on the latest research in child & brain development. We are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for early childhood education to help us introduce the CEFA Early Learning program to more families across the country.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality, enriched early childhood education that will prepare children to succeed as they transition to kindergarten and provide them with skills for life. CEFA Early Learning was established in 1998 and is Canada’s leading private junior kindergarten for children ages one to five. Our proprietary, award-winning curriculum is based on the latest research in child & brain development. We are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for early childhood education to help us introduce the CEFA Early Learning program to more families across the country.
The Area Manager – School Operations will lead multiple in-school enriched, early learning programs. They will have excellent problem-solving skills with a strong business acumen background in order to increase customer satisfaction and drive enrolment of schools. The area manager will be CEFA Early Learning’s liaison with our school Principals, Administrator, Teachers, and other school staff, as well as licensing agencies and representatives.
The Area Manager – School Operations will provide daily support to a team of up to 15 CEFA Early Learning Schools located in British Columbia and will offer ongoing leadership, motivation, and development. They will be responsible for ensuring compliance with brand policies, elevating operational guidelines, coaching and communication. They will align our school teams and improve accountability of CEFA Early Learning brand expectations. The Area Manager – School Support will act as the Early Learning ambassador, modelling and coaching staff to provide each student an amazing CEFA Early Learning experience.
Candidates must demonstrate excellence in teaching and leadership in the following areas:
- Monitor Childcare Licensing Regulations while establishing a culture of staff professional development directly related to growing and learning
- Knowledge of a comprehensive range of learning opportunities for students, including social responsibility, fine arts, athletics, global citizenship, and science
- Develops and maintains a variety of effective decision-making processes that build consensus, commitment, and collaboration
- Foster team building, a sense of one learning community, and a culture of continuous learning in an inclusive learning environment
- Observes and supports classrooms on regular basis
- Provides leadership, guidance and information to schools and staff based on CEFA standards
- Fosters and maintains positive and professional relationships with Parents, children, staff, management, other CEFA schools and head office.
- Oversees and coordinates the school’s daily operations and administration.
- Provides guidance on marketing activities and special events, including school tours, festivals, and community events.
- Builds and maintains relationships with CEFA Principals.
- Visits schools on a regular basis to perform systems checks and protocols and coach on improvements
The ideal candidate must have:
- ECE Diploma, Bachelors or equivalent education and experience
- Knowledge of childcare licensing regulations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships and foster teamwork
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Leadership and business acumen skills – ability to resolve conflict
- Must possess excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience
- Minimum of five years’ Early Childhood Education (ECE) experience
- Strong working knowledge of provincial and regional Public Health child care laws relating to licensing
- Current food handler’s permit
- Current first aid and CPR card
- Ability to lift in excess of twenty (25) lbs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that reflect professionalism and tact at all times
- Willing to complete a police background check
Salary & Benefits
Schedule: Monday – Friday (full time) 40 hours per week (may be required to work some evenings and weekends dependent on role).
Salary: 70,000 per annum
- CEFA Training
- CEFA Methodology Training
- Leadership Development
- Full benefits after 3 months
- Mileage Reimbursement
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.