We are looking for a Education Coordinator with a passion in training and mentoring early learning childhood educators, enhancing and strengthening the facilitation of our curriculum and fostering respectful relationships with families and the community. This role will also work in cohesion with the Principal as well as selected administrative duties.
Successful candidates will bring to our school the enthusiasm and the creativity that children need to develop, along with great disposition, great communication and organizational skills. Ideal candidates will be creative individual, verly loving, resourceful, and independent with a positive outlook and attitude in life.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many different ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
The Education Coordinator’s primary role will be overseeing the classrooms and its teacher in their program planning and curriculum facilitation. This position will report directly to the Principal and support the principal with regular class observations. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fullfulling the mission of CEFA where we inspire children to learn and be knowledgeable, seek self-betterment, and contribute as individuals. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing Prep Teacher duties and be prepared to support classrooms at minimum 50% of the time. Be available to cover in any classroom due to a teachers absence, including supporting the kitchen as necessary
- Responsible for ensuring resources are available to the teachers in their classrooms as well as the staff room
- Supporting new teacher orientations and ongoing training support
- Ensuring the classrooms and its teachers storage rooms are organized and managed efficiently
- Ensuring the documentation within the classrooms and hallway corridors are quality and assurance checked
- Be prepared to stay outside of your regular hours of work, should it be necessary as this role is in a supervisory capacity
- Be available for open houses and special school events
- Support the administrator by answering telephone calls, maintaining Kindertalws, student file and tour presentation packages
- Impeccable personality in fostering and maintaining a happy and healty relationship with children, parents, colleagues and external resource relations
- Computer and office equipment proficiency (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and professional at all times
- Valid Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate Licence
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Expected start date: Immediately
- CEFA Methodology Training
- Ongoing development through workshops led by external resources, coaching and mentoring
- Spring break, summer break, and winter break off as well as professional days
- Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snacks provided
- Full medical benefits after 6 months
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org