We are looking for a Chef with a passion for working with a healthy, child friendly menu for children with a focus on nutrition while following the Canada Food Guide.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many different ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways.
At CEFA, the Chef plays an important role, one that will have a permanent impact in the lives of the students. The Chef’s main objectives of the role are to provide excellent nutrition for the children’s school days.
- Preparing 2 snacks and lunch daily for all the students
- Meal plan with supervisor, prepare and cook as directed meeting nutritional requirements
- Provide alternative meals for children that require accommodations (allergies or food sensitivity)
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and sanitary at all times – equipment, utensils, cookware
- Maintain proper temperatures of food and follow food safety and hygiene guidelines
- Be flexible and open to change
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of kitchen preparation, storage, dating and first in first out
- Maintain inventory, portioning, waste and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Successful candidates will be punctual, well spoken, efficient, and have a passion for cooking
- First Aid Certified
- Food Safe Certified
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Time management and organizational skills
- Culinary training and experience and working with large groups/children an asset
- Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snack provided
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org