ECE Assistant position
We are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated ECE Assistant Teachers who have a passion for working with young children. The teacher applicant shall be knowledgeable in early childhood learning theories, teaching strategies and have training in classroom management and guidance.
Successful candidates will bring to our classrooms the enthusiasm and the creativity that children need to develop, along with great disposition, great communication and organizational skills, a creative individual, very loving, resourceful, and independent who has a positive outlook and attitude in life.
This position is primarily for Break Coverage and will be a wonderful opportunity for any ECE student to experience a classroom in person, mentored by current ECEs, connecting the theories they learn in class in a hands-on environment even before going out for practicum!
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
- Develop and implement a high-quality program, in line with the CEFA curriculum, that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of all children.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcome, and values of CEFA.
- Plan and maintain a high-quality environment that respects the health, security, and well-being of children.
- Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner both written and oral.
- Be genuine, supportive, engaged, and a productive team member who is open to and implements feedback and guidance.
- Support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, management, and families.
- Attend staff meetings, and any professional development opportunities as required.
- Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom materials.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and professional at all times.
- Valid ECEA Certificate Licence
- Previous work experience (asset)
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations
- Knowledge of the Montessori and Reggio Emilia methodology (preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management
Salary and Benefits:
Expected start date: Immediately
Job Type: We are a well-established school and have an ECEA position available. As we have classrooms for all other age groups; for 1 year olds, 2 year olds and 4 year olds, there is always room to move and grow within CEFA Nanaimo and other CEFA schools in Canada.
Schedule: We are open from 7:30am – 5:30pm, however Break Coverage Teacher shifts will vary within our hours of operation, mostly in the afternoon. Permanent. Part Time.
Salary: $20/hour to start
- CEFA Methodology Training – 36 hours that can be applied toward renewing the ECE Certificate
- Ongoing development through workshops led by CEFA, external resources, coaching and mentoring
- Discount Tuition fee for your child(ren) on site
- Spring break, summer break, and winter break off and paid plus 5 sick days paid as well as Professional Days
- Competitive Extended Health and Wellness benefits
- 4% Vacation Pay
- Celebration of Birthdays, ECE Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, Womens International Day
- Company Events
- After hours Janitorial Crew means no cleaning for teachers after work
- Support staff on board means teachers can plan and book days off/vacation
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.