Early Childhood Educator Position
We are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated ECE Teachers who have a passion for working with young children. The teacher applicant shall be knowledgeable in Early Childhood learning theories, teaching strategies and have training in classroom management and guidance.
Successful candidates will bring to our classrooms the enthusiasm and the creativity that children need to develop, along with great disposition, great communication and organizational skills, a creative individual, very loving, resourceful, and independent who has a positive outlook and attitude in life.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
- Develop and implement a high-quality program, in line with the CEFA curriculum, that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of all children.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcome, and values of CEFA.
- Plan and maintain a high-quality environment that respects the health, security, and well-being of children.
- Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner both written and oral.
- Be genuine, supportive, engaged, and a productive team member who is open to and implements feedback and guidance.
- Support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, management, and families.
- Attend staff meetings, and any professional development opportunities as required.
- Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom materials.
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and always professional.
- Valid Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- ECEA finishing their ECE certificate will be considered
- Childcare Experience an asset
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations
- Enthusiastic about planning and teaching Curriculum in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of the Montessori and Reggio Emilia methodology (preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management
Salary and Benefits:
Expected Start Date: January 2023.
Job Type: We are a well-established school and have an ECE position available in our JK3 classroom (4 year olds). As we have classrooms for all other age groups; for 1 year olds, 2 year olds and 3 year olds, there is always room to move and grow within CEFA Nanaimo and other CEFA schools in Canada.
Schedule: We are open from 7:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Shifts will vary within our hours of operation. Permanent. Full Time, 8 hours/day.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
- CEFA Methodology Training – 36 hours that can be applied toward renewing the ECE Certificate, fully paid for
- Paid Preparation Time for Classroom Curriculum
- Ongoing development through workshops led by CEFA, external resources, coaching and mentoring
- Tuition Fee Discount for your child(ren) on site
- Paid Spring and Winter break off
- 3 Paid Professional Days
- 5 Paid Flex Days (to be used for Sick Days, Vacation Time, etc)
- Competitive Extended Health and Wellness benefits (Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Eployee Assistance Program)
- 4% Vacation Pay
- Celebration of Birthdays, ECE Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, Women’s International Day
- Team Building and Staff Parties
- After hours Janitorial Crew means no cleaning for teachers after work
- Support staff on board means teachers can plan and book days off/vacation
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.