We are looking for an Education Coordinator with a passion for working with families and staff, and who will also habitually work in conjunction with the Principal and the Owners. We are seeking someone with quick thinking, confident, self-motivated, organized, and friendly personalities. Competitive salary, plus medical/dental benefits, meals, and tuition discount for your child/ren.
CEFA Early Learning, established in 1998, is a full day early learning program designed for infants and children up to five years old. The enriched curriculum features a unique partnership of core subjects, such as reading and math with fine arts including drama and yoga, providing children with the freedom to learn and grow through creative exploration and play.
Our program has a reputation of highly developing a child’s intellect and delivering the finest start in education, arts, and the humanities. The full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at CEFA are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
The Education Coordinator is the first contact person at the school and has to be knowledgeable and able to represent the school in a professional & friendly manner. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of CEFA. Duties include but are not limited to:
The Education Coordinator’s role is to support the Principal to inspire Teachers to become better Teachers and to facilitate the implementation of our educational method and philosophy. Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that our curriculum, policies, procedures, and classroom operational policies are carried out.
- Monitor classroom and teacher’s progress and provide (verbal & written) feedback.
- Provide guidance and information to all parties both internally and externally. (e.g. Parents and Teachers)
- Manages school inquiries, tours, registration, and enrollments.
- Assisting the Principal with administrative duties related to the school (i.e.,
- layouts, subsidy applications/tracking, required reports for the Owner, etc.)
- Professional and positive mentorship for teachers
- Keeping the school organized and managed efficiently
- Oversees and coordinates the school’s administration responsibilities.
- Support the Principal on the school’s daily operation.
- Manages and actively participates in marketing activities & special event including school tours, festivals, and community events.
- Computer and office equipment proficiency (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Well-organized, deadline oriented, and attention to detail
- Valid Early Education license for a minimum of 5 years. (I/T will be preferred)
- Experienced in a pre-school or childcare setting.
- Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations.
- Administrative and classroom supervisory experience for a minimum of 2 years.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office. (Word & Excel)
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management.
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision making skills and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information, necessitating use of discretion, tact, and good judgment.
- Must be able to work independently
- CEFA Certification an asset
Salary and Benefits:
Based on experience and qualifications; Extended medical and dental benefits available after 6 months. Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snack provided. Anticipated position start date is January 2021.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org