We are looking for a Principal who can be a learning facilitator, a visionary, an effective communicator and school resource manager who continually works to improve the effectiveness for our school, an inspiration for all Teachers to grow and to be the best educators they can be. The Principal supports the Teachers to implement the CEFA educational program in the classroom and to further the leadership and development of the teachers.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate that they have personal leadership resources and leadership practices, can promote student achievement, can lead professional learning communities, and are dedicated to ensuring that all of our students and staff are successful.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many different ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
Candidates must demonstrate excellence in teaching and leadership in the following areas:
- Implements B.C. Fraser Health Childcare Licensing Regulations while establishing a culture of staff professional development directly related to student growing and learning.
- Promotes a comprehensive range of learning opportunities for students, including social responsibility, fine arts, athletics, global citizenship, and science.
- Develops and maintains a variety of effective decision-making processes that build consensus, commitment, and collaboration.
- Foster team building and a culture of continuous learning in an inclusive learning environment
- Observes and supports classrooms on regular basis.
- Provides guidance and information to all parties both internally and externally (e.g. Parents and Teachers).
- Manages hiring, onboarding and educator training and development.
- Fosters and maintains positive and professional relationships with Parents, children, staff, management, other CEFA schools and head office.
- Oversees and coordinates the school’s daily operations, budgeting and administration.
- Manages and actively participates in marketing activites and special events, including school tours, festivals and community events.
- Manages conflict resolution and provides leadership to team.
- Manages the building maintenance and school repairs.
- Manages school inquiries, registration, enrolment and student layouts.
- Advocates a strong community connection with our CEFA location.
- ECE or ECE/IT Certification.
- Familiar with current British Columbia Fraser Health Licensing Regulations.
- Completion of at least three ECE related professional workshops.
- At least three years exemplary ECE teaching experience.
- Significant administration, childcare licensing and business acumen experience.
- The ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills.
- The ability to handle stress and pressure well.
- The ability to build relationships and trust with others.
- The ability to delegate and manage tasks effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management.
Salary and Benefits
Schedule: Monday to Friday (full time)
Salary: Competitive salary offered.
- CEFA Principal Training.
- CEFA Methodology Training.
- Ongoing development through workshops led by external resources, coaching and mentoring.
- Spring break and winter break off.
- Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snacks provided.
- Full medical benefits after 6 months.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume.